Joan Garry interviewed some good board chairs to ascertain what drove them nuts. She is writing from an American perspective so put aside the occasional references to board members and cheque books (what ever they are these days!) and focus on the great tips she includes:
* 9 things that drive board leaders nuts about their boards;
* 3 things that drive board leaders nuts about the executive Director;
* 4 things board leaders say drives them nuts about the job itself;
* what can the board do to support and retain these board leaders?
* And what can the Executive Director do?
It's an easy and very useful read. If you are in a situation as a board leader where any of these apply and you'd like to talk about it, please email me, email@example.com.