Here are 6 simple questions to ask at the conclusion of a board meeting to check on the meeting's effectiveness
1. Are you leaving the meeting confident in the overall performance of our organisation?
2. Did you feel you had ample opportunity for input?
3. Would you change anything for future meetings?
4. Was the day/meeting time worthwhile?
5. Could we have done anything better?
6. How will the organisation be better off for this meeting?
You don't have to ask all 6 but a combination is a simple way of keeping track of the effectiveness of your board meetings.